The Brighton Pets Spa Dog Grooming
• All of or stylists are City and Guilds qualified
• Chrisse and Kerry (the owners of The Brighton Pet Spa) have both achieved the ‘Higher Diploma’ in dog grooming*. This is an advanced test to demonstrate the expertise and skill required from the experienced groomer working in a commercial environment.
• Lorna (Stylist) competes at the highest level of Obedience Training with her own Border Collies and has competed at Crufts for the last 2 years. She has a thorough understanding of the behaviour of dogs.
• All of our employees are certified in First Aid, CPR, Structure & Movement and Canine Massage.
• We groom ALL breeds of dogs in both ‘Show Trim’ and customised styles and will work with you to understand what length and style suits your dog’s lifestyle.
• We carry out your dog’s groom without the use of restraints; this is not the norm in our profession. We find that the dog is more relaxed without restraint and the stress associated with grooming is greatly reduced
• We are constantly learning – We have all worked alongside breeders and show people to gain extra knowledge in certain breeds of dog. Chrisse and Kerry have travelled to Europe and America to attend seminars and demonstrations given by some of the world’s top grooming professionals
• We regularly compete at an advanced level in dog grooming competitions and have won many first places with a variety of different breeds
• Chrisse and Kerry are 2 of the founders of ‘The English Groomers Group’ and are regularly involved with conduction seminars and workshops for groomers at all levels
*The Diploma was developed by the British Dog Groomers’ Association, which is part of the Pet Industry Federation
Grooming dogs is more than just a job for all of us at The Brighton Pet Spa. We are all dog owners, so we understand that they are an important part of the family and taking care of their grooming needs is what we are passionate about.
We look forward to welcoming you and your pet to The Brighton Pet Spa.